Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday, March 22nd - Marouch, Marouch, Marouch is on fire!

I go with Vivacious Gourmet E, Foreign Correspondent D, and FCD's sister and brother-in-law to Arclight to see "Some Like it Hot" one of the funniest films ever made.

Afterwards we find our way to Marouch which is about to close but they kindly let us in to have dinner. I have not been here for many years and cannot decide what to order so I order a bunch of meze with the intention of bringing a lot home to eat later. I end up ordering Cheese Borek (I prefer the Turkish Borek, I find the kind here to be a bit greasy since it's fried), foul madamas (the best!), and dolmas (a bit too acidic but still pretty good.)

I'm very jealous when I see what other people have gotten especially when FCD's sister's Chicken Yogurt Kebab is plopped down next to me. A falafel plate was ordered as was a Vegeterian Plate. A few people got the wonderful Lentil Soup. This place puts Caroussel to shame!

Drink of the day: Tan

Affirmation of the day: "Well, nobody's perfect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home