Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Taste of Paris: Le Petit Bistro in West Hollywood

Each table receives not only bread and butter but a small platter of hummus, eggplant salad, and harissa (and let's not forget that ramekin of chicken liver pate.) Luckily for us, Le Petit Bistro has a Moroccan tinge.


On Saturday night I went to a big family dinner at Le Petit Bistro on La Cienega in West Hollywood. Colby Cheese's parents were out here for a visit and since they were staying at Mon Oncle's house around the corner, Mama Colby Cheese thought that this would be a perfect restaurant for us Francophiles.

Below, the Shrimp Picante ("A Must" the menu says). LAGourmet turned me on to this dish declaring it as incroyable. It was even better than I expected.


Below, the wonderful cassoulet with duck confit (that's duck boiled in it's own fat to you), a lamb shank, and sausages.


Below, the braised lamb shank with couscous (this is Mama Colby Cheese's favorite dish):


Below, Papa Colby Cheese ordered one of my favorite dishes: the merguez sausage avec frites (you see those fries soaking up the spicy sausage grease? That's the best part!)


Below, my brother's affinity for le coq au vin gets him the best dish of the night! This was so good.


I was so busy taking pix of other people's entrees that I forgot to take a picture of my own! I had the steak frites. I opted to pay an additional $3.50 for sauteed "wild" mushrooms but believe you me there was nothing wild about my mushrooms.

I did get a picture of my dessert though. Below, a wonderful apple tart. At most restaurants the crust is very tough but at Le Petit Bistro I believe that they make the tart to order so my crust was very flakey and tender.


Le Petit Bistro
631 North La Cienega Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
pas de website

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at this family feast and lucky enough to have the wonderful cassoulet which was so ample, I'm still snacking on it. The big surprise was three (!) different kinds of sausages.

1:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confit, the duck is braised not boiled ...

4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, shrimp looks great. That was me with the mango comment, by the way. Forgot to sign, sigh. - Wanda

6:48 AM

 
Anonymous Celebrities With No Teeth said...

Interesting post I enjoyed read this.

8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Celebrities With No Teeth said...

Hi nice reading your bllog

5:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home