Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday, March 15th - El Conquistador

Not much to say about this Silver Lake classic other than I should have stayed away from the Margaritas!

Vivacious Gourmet E had made the reservation here for the Mysterious Book Club meeting and there was a mistake with the table that she wanted so the management gave us double Margaritas for the price of singles or something like that. I think that they must have put Absinthe in those Margaritas (or at least mine) because after a few sips I felt like lying under the table (I didn't see any green fairies though - I think).

I ordered a cheese quesadilla with poblano chiles but it's too heavy on the nearly raw chiles and in my daze I wish I had ordered the enchiladas instead.

But we still had a great time and a good meeting plus our waiter Ricardo was a blast: he was a combination of Esquivel and Lina Wertmueller.

Drink of the day: Killer (not in a good way) Margarita

Affirmation of the day: I stay away from cheap tequila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home