Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, March 20th - El Compadre

Well, well, La Stupida ends up at another Mexican restaurant with a Margarita in front of her a mere 24 hours after her migraine goes away. Ha, ha, Headache Gods the joke's on you this time: I order it with Patron!

I had met Vivacious Gourmet E at Marouch a half hour earlier but it was closed so we decided to check out El Compadre. Don't ask me why but I've noticed it lately on my new route driving home from Downtown (forget the 101 dude).

Ooooo wheee! This is a damn good Margarita! But I notice that in my head I hear Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" and the dinner conversation is getting really weird and I think that the woman at the next table is a guy but VGE says it's a chick. But I notice that everyone is having a good time so I just relax and enjoy the moment.

I got my enchiladas with Rancheras sauce but it's more Eau de Rancheras than Rancheras. VGE got a chicken tostada that looked really good. I might add that the chips and salsa were good which you would think would be a given in a part of the country that used to be Mexico but I find that most places serve crap.

I treat VGE to drinks and dinner since I broke something on her car door (if she were driving an M3 I would have to pay her mortgage for one month to make up for the damage because as any M Series driver worth his/her salt knows the M does not stand for "Motorsport" but for the French "Mille" which means "Thousand").

But I'm so drunk that M Series car gets me home in one piece even though it's raining very hard - I mean the car practically drives itself even though I have to shift (hey, I can rev it up to 8,000 RPMs so I could have kept it in 2nd the entire drive home.)

Drink of the day: Killer (and I mean this in a very good way) Margarita

Affirmation of the day: I need to stop dating men with eating disorders (don't get me started, don't even get me started!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. nice culinary blog you have. Would you mind if i ask you for alink exchange? Nice work.

1:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home