Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Aha oe Feii?*

*Are you jealous?

Below, Korean short ribs.


Once a month the law firm that I work for has a firm luncheon. Since I'm new to the firm (it has just been two weeks) this was my first "taste" of their joie de vivre. The only thing missing were some bottles of beer (the firm has a huge wine cooler in the kitchen so I think that a mid-afternoon sip of beer wouldn't be verboten.)

Below, marinated sesame chicken.


Below, chap chae for a thousand.


Below, fish and spinach pancakes, respectively. For some reason there wasn't any dipping sauce so I ate these with the kim chee.


Below, fried shrimp. The people afraid of the whole fried fish ate these.


Below, a trough of kim chee - enough to last for weeks (or in my case, days).


Below, the best item: whole deep fried fishies.


Below, I'm enjoying my fishie.


Restaurant Orgy Update: Gardens of Taxco was cancelled for Friday night. The whole of Saturday I am going nowhere and I'm planning on making a killer Bolognese sauce. Sunday night is Gourmet Hiking T's dinner for me; we were going to go to BIN8945 (or whatever) but they don't take rezzies for large parties so right now my party is restaurantless. On Monday at Asian Noodles I forgot my camera (again!) but My Doppelganger being the kind soul that she is let me take pix on her camera and is letting me use pix that she took. Yet again (!) I forgot to bring my camera to Wilson so I couldn't memorialize my $38 pasta appetizer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bon Vivant said...

It was worthy of being eaten too! More bad news about the camera: my favorite setting on it seems to be broken.

5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am a little jealous of the fried shrimp, even though I had some myself last week. Happy eating! :o) - Wanda

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home