Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday, March 12th (Part 1) - Papa Cristo's

I can't think of anything better to do on a late Sunday morning than going to Papa Cristo's for an early lunch with a great group of people. I can't think of anything worse to do on a late Sunday morning than driving to Papa Cristo's.

My doppelganger is hosting the event here this morning and of course her magic touch draws in the nicest people. I want to eat everything on the menu but I'm still full from yesterday's dim sum event so I opt not to get any appetizers, just an entree today. I like getting the dinner plates at Papa Cristo's because you get a small side greek salad plus those yummy greek potatoes and a side of the tzatziki (yogurt, dill, and cucumber dippy). I'm thinking about getting a chicken kebob plate but it's Sunday so maybe I'll see if they have lamb rib chops today (if you order the lamb chops you will get shoulder chops which I'm not a big fan of since my mother used to make them all the time when I was a kid.) The rib chops are the "rack of lamb" which are market price and today's price is $14.99 (a little steep considering that you get only four small very thin chops.)

When some appetizers start arriving at the table, Glenda, the woman sitting across from me, and I decide to get into the spirit of things and we order Saganaki (sizzling Greek cheese with lemon served with pita.) Good stuff. I notice that a lot of people order a Greek Salad topped with Gyro which looks interesting but I would think that it would taste a lot better stuffed in a pita.

Drink of the morning/early afternoon: iced tea

Affirmation of the morning/early afternoon: I live in a vibrant, alive city. I want to get out of first gear. I love living in Los Angeles. I can't wait to turn off Vermont Avenue. All is well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one week behind!

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Your blog is lonely and wants to know about Sakura.

Can we go back again sometime?

Mmmmmmmmmmeatball.

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Bon Vivant said...

Hmmm, seems like the only way I can get comments is to not post anything.

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home