Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Monday, July 31, 2006

And Then Some Like it Kind of Cool...

I can't think of anything better than some type of sweet after eating spicy Chinese food. One of my dining mates at Chung King came up with the brilliant idea to go to Fosselman's ice cream parlor after lunch.

To go a couple of blocks south to the 10 you would have thought that we were crossing the Bay Bridge it took so damn long. Then what is the worst thing that could have happened to an M series driver as she turns onto the freeway on ramp? STUDENT DRIVER. The sign on the back of the car should have read "Stupid Driver." Now the 10 on/off ramps in the San Gabriel Valley are only slightly better than the Pasadena Freeway - like you get an extra 3 feet to try to merge onto the freeway. In other words they suck.

So Student Driver is lucky and has both merge lanes clear so what does she do? She stops. And then she slowly starts to proceed and then stops again to look at traffic. Perhaps she does not see the big truck that is going to hit me because she won't merge onto the freeway even though she has plenty of room to (and of course when I'm hit by the truck and my car is plowed into hers she would blame me.) Take my advice Student Driver and fire your instructor tres vites!

Boy, do I need an ice cream cone now! We all make it to Fosselman's in one piece and drool over the selection of flavors. I choose a very non-M3Diva like flavor: Banana Heath Bar. It was the best thing that I've ever tasted!

Hiking Gourmet T and I are meeting Adorable Gourmet H, Raven, and SoCalKat at the Arclight later to see "Little Miss Sunshine" and then it's off to Lucky Devil's for burgers and cupcakes; will we be hungry by then?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Ooh, I like the new look.

I have also been obsessed with the Fosselmans web site since you told me about it. I want them to make me an ice cream cake for my birthday!

Yes, it's two and a half months away, but a girl can plan!

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Bon Vivant said...

AGH: Let's see if Fosselmans will ship the cake to Paris :-)

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home