Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday, March 12th (Part 2) - Goddess Gourmet G

So I meet up with Ms. Hollywood and Goddess Gourmet G at Adorable Gourmet H's place to watch "Pride and Prejudice" and "The Sopranos." Goddesss said in her rsvp on the Evite that she was going to use us as food guinea pigs - yes! If you've ever had Godess' food you know how I'm looking forward to this get-together! (This is not to say that if Ms. Hollywood was cooking I would be disappointed since I also love her cooking).

But first we'll talk about Mr. Darcy. We all know that it's a very hard part to play considering that Sir Lawrence Olivier first set the standard. So I give each Mr. Darcy the Mr. Darcy Test: I play each version of "Pride and Prejudice" for my dog Mr. Darcy (named after THE Mr. Darcy NOT Marcy Darcy's husband on "Married with Children") and I see how he reacts. He has only disliked the guy who was in "The Ring" who played Mr. Darcy in "Bride and Prejudice." Unfortunately, I disliked the Keira Knightly version of "Pride and Prejudice" so much that I couldn't bear to see it again so I will never know what Mr. Darcy thinks of Matthew Macfayden's Mr. Darcy.

Now on to the food: Adorable Gourmet H bought some salami and great piece of cheese from the gourmet store at Alcove and Goddess Gourmet G brings prosciutto, some more salami, fresh mozzarella, olives for the antipasto platter. We are too busy eating and chewing the fat that we hardly pay attention to that dreadful movie. Since "The Sopranos" is coming on soon I'm getting in the mood to try some of GGG's pasta. It is a short fusilli with a creamy, cheesy sauce (cheese, sour cream, perhaps heavy cream) and chicken. It is fabulous! It's the type of thing that I dream about eating all of the time but don't because of the fat and calories (who am I trying to kid? I'm obviously getting molti fat and calories from somewhere.)

Drink of the evening: more iced tea

Cookie of the evening: Nuns' Nipples baked by AGH herself! (cookies beat out affirmation this evening.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home