Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Saturday, March 4th - Cha Cha Cha

This restaurant located in the yet ungentrified area of south Silver Lake/east Hollywood is still going strong after being open for more than 20 years.

We started off with a pitcher of sangria. Now, yours truly is taking a daily medication in order to prevent migraines and this medication turns me into a raging lunatic (yeah, you think those Reebers in "Serenity" are bad? Try cutting me off in traffic, Jocko, and see what happens!) and the sangria was rather soothing to my nerves and I managed not to insult my fellow diners too much.

Unfortunately, the food was off the mark. The basics (rice, beans, platanos, fries, etc.) were sufficient but the rest tasted very unfresh which surprised me considering how busy they were. However, I was with such fabulous company they would have made a bowl of Hormel chili taste good.

Drink of the Day: Sangria

Affirmation of the Day: All is well in my world…bitch!

1 Comments:

Blogger azamagrillboston said...

Chicken Shawarma


Allston's Best Egyptian Food
Azama Grill uses only the finest freshest ingredients & Certified Halal Meats, nothing frozen! All of our foods are Home-Made, created with authentic Middle eastern recipes.

11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home