Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Friends in High Places: Lakefront Brewery

Below, a photo of the highly coveted Holiday Spice Lager brewed by Lakefront Brewery; I beat out the Ukranian hockey players for the last case available in 2006 (please don't tell them where I live - I would like to keep my teeth.)


Some people are very happy when they are friends with a Hollywood agent. Others when they marry into the managing partner's family. Me? I'm more than happy to have friends that have a brewery in Milwaukee. And not just any brewery but a brewery that brews the best beer that I've had since I've discovered the Hitachino Nest Beers. A shout-out to Orlando and Luther and all the guys at Lakefront Brewery!

What makes the Holiday Spice Lager so special? Could it be the wonderful spices (nutmeg, orange peel, cinnamon, clove, and ginger) from the Spice House? Or could it be that it's 10% abv? For us Angelenos who are used to the weak beer that is shipped to the West Coast (need I remind you of the Staples Center/"neer beer" fiasco?) this is a very big deal (even 5% abv is a very big deal out here!)

Below, two very happy Holiday Spice drinkers, USC Rad Grad Student and Maestro. Maestro, until very recently, was in the doghouse but now he is in the penthouse. How did he do it? you wonder. Well, he brought back from Paris for me for my bday a Miles Davis CD that you can't find in the States and a bottle of creme de fraise a la fraise des bois. See how easy it is to please me Dear Reader?


Below, another very happy Holiday Spice drinker.


Is reaching for a bottle of Holiday Spice Lager like reaching out to God?


Thanks to Orlando for making me a very popular hostess this holiday season!

Bonus photo: a cupcake made by Adorable Gourmet H. After staying up for 24 hours (how does Jack Bauer do it?) my reward after the bacchanalian New Year's Eve fete. 218 calories, 6.8 grams of fat each. Not bad stats, but I was left five of them...



Lakefront Brewery
1872 North Commerce Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212
www.lakefrontbrewery.com

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for intiviting us to your NYE party! My husband (Ducati Dude) tried the beer you mentioned in your blog & was impressed by all the spice notes.

1:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that a picture of me after enjoying the holiday beer? That beer was the best, and I spent seven years in Wisconsin and 10 days in Germany sampling beer. Could it be the high alcohol content?

1:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great party made for a special new years. Yeah for yummy beer. I love the extra kick of the spices and the high alcohol content.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

yummy! delicious beer and treats!

10:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beer was delish. And of course my face says it all...I drank too much.

4:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the beer certainly helped me with my rendition of "White Lines.....

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

E.
The party was fabulous, thanks for hosting!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Holiday Spice Lager. Thanks for the link to the brewery. I checked out their web-page and was happy to see that they offer a variety of delicious beer. What do we have to do to get a hold of some of the Lakefront Organic Extra Special Bitter??? They did such a great job with the Holiday Spice, I am eager to try their ESB- I LOVE bitter beer!!!
Thanks again!

8:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E.
The party was fabulous, thanks for hosting!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Holiday Spice Lager. Thanks for the link to the brewery. I checked out their web-page and was happy to see that they offer a variety of delicious beer. What do we have to do to get a hold of some of the Lakefront Organic Extra Special Bitter??? They did such a great job with the Holiday Spice, I am eager to try their ESB-I LOVE bitter beer!!!
Thanks again!

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home