Bon Vivant's written and pictorial diary of her culinary adventures that will amuse and excite your virtual taste buds...

Friday, August 18, 2006

"I've had it with these muthafuckin' snakes on this muthafuckin' plane!" A Review of 25 Degrees

I'm so out of the loop when it comes to pop culture, however, I was one of the first group of people to see "Snakes on a Plane" which is perhaps the funniest movie of the 21st century. I believe that it will replace Rocky Horror as the Midnight Movie of choice.

So what does a girl eat before she watches hordes of people die horrible deaths due to poisonous snake bites? Well, we went to see the movie at the Mann's 6 so what's across the street? 25 "muthafuckin" Degrees, one of LA's best gourmet burger joints.

25 Degrees is located in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and don't even bother looking for street parking. Either park in Hollywood & Highland and buy yourself a treat at Sephora or just go straight to the Roosevelt's valet parking ($$).

The menu is very simple: 3 signature burgers, build your own burger with tons of toppings to choose from, fries, onion rings, dipping sauces, and that's pretty much it. And their shakes are to die for.

My turkey burger with jack cheese, roasted chile, and avocado (I added some chipotle dipping sauce to it as well.)

Note yummy chocolate shake (the chocolate syrup is made from Valrhona chocolate) in background and huge Chinese take-out container in which they serve the faboo fries (we also got the blue cheese and the garlic-parmesan dipping sauces.)

Foreign Correspondent D says, "Hands off me burger!"

Her beef burger had arugula, carmelized onions, a posh blue cheese, and bacon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bon Vivant said...

Any real Italian restaurant would serve eel around the holidays but we don't have any of those brave enough in LA so I have to suggest any good Japanese restaurant that specializes in sushi or bar food.

I know this is a topic on your blog right now but I just got the cutest word: geegfzy. If it fits with your letters can I still win? :-)

2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post. Some of my favorite burgers in LA reside at The Nook, Ford's Filling Station and Father's Office.

www.burgerfiles.com

5:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home